Fw: Director’s Message re. Thank you for being part of a historic visit

Gaps gaps at triumf.ca
Sun Nov 4 17:14:29 PST 2018

________________________________
From: Lisa Lambert
Sent: Friday, November 2, 2018 12:04 PM
To: Gaps
Subject: Director’s Message re. Thank you for being part of a historic visit

Dear TRIUMF Community –

Wow! Yesterday was a BIG day for TRIUMF, for this community. Thank you for your help, your flexibility, and your patience in sharing our lab with Prime Minister Trudeau – and ultimately with Canada.

A lot went into yesterday’s visit and it was a worthwhile occasion, especially during our 50th anniversary, to share a bit of TRIUMF with the Prime Minister, with our partners, with invited guests, with the media, and with Canadians. They were given insights into the wide-range of meaningful work we do, from our curiosity-driven physics research to our more applied efforts in the life sciences – the focus of the announcement yesterday about the Institute for Advanced Medical Isotopes (IAMI). You should all be proud of the efforts you help advance every day.

Photos from the visit are trickling in. You can find them on TRIUMF’s Flickr album. More will be available next week. Please look at the notes for each photo for terms of use (guidance on photo credit, cropping restrictions, etc.).

PM visit to TRIUMF Flickr album: https://www.flickr.com/photos/triumflab/sets/72157702975755524

[cid:844a0fa9-c9b7-42de-b07f-2b538032ee6c]PM Justin Trudeau announces establishment of IAMI<https://www.flickr.com/photos/triumflab/sets/72157702975755524>
TRIUMF welcomed on-site The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada, for a special visit and announcement about public investments into medical isotope research and innovation infrastructure. NOTE: please do not crop any images, and make sure to credit as per image description

[https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4905/43865508810_eeec8f5ef7_q.jpg] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/triumflab/43865508810/>
[https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4905/43865508810_eeec8f5ef7_b.jpg]
[https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1975/31811135768_2df71c5c46_q.jpg] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/triumflab/31811135768/>
[https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1975/31811135768_2df71c5c46_b.jpg]
[https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1943/31811139478_cb00362727_q.jpg] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/triumflab/31811139478/>
[https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1943/31811139478_cb00362727_b.jpg]
[https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1916/31811142408_5fcfe6bb5c_q.jpg] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/triumflab/31811142408/>
[https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1916/31811142408_5fcfe6bb5c_b.jpg]
[https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4839/31811144628_bea5c76e3b_q.jpg] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/triumflab/31811144628/>
[https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4839/31811144628_bea5c76e3b_b.jpg]
[https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1973/31811147388_29b078231f_q.jpg] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/triumflab/31811147388/>
[https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1973/31811147388_29b078231f_b.jpg]
[https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1972/31811149958_eea2ba371b_q.jpg] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/triumflab/31811149958/>
[https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1972/31811149958_eea2ba371b_b.jpg]
[https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1902/44769300355_7ae201f873_q.jpg] <https://www.flickr.com/photos/triumflab/44769300355/>
[https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1902/44769300355_7ae201f873_b.jpg]

And here are a couple examples of the many media articles that came from the visit:

-        https://vancouversun.com/news/local-news/prime-minister-justin-trudeau-to-meet-new-mayors-of-surrey-vancouver

-        https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/justin-trudeau-announces-funding-to-build-nuclear-medicine-hub-in-vancouver-1.4888675

Also, if you have a moment (in particular if you are a Star Wars fan), I encourage you to drop by the Main Control Room and see the small memento Prime Minister Trudeau left behind for us. I think it is a fitting addition to the space.

Once again, thank you for being a part of this historic occasion for TRIUMF. I’ve already invited the Prime Minister to visit us again sooner than later: for the commissioning of ARIEL or the opening of IAMI.

Onward we go, and thank you again for all that you do, every day!

Sent on behalf of

Jonathan A. Bagger

TRIUMF Director