Update from GAPS!

Gaps gaps at triumf.ca
Wed Nov 7 12:01:29 PST 2018

Hi everyone!

We'll hold our usual coffee, cookies and fruit social hour today at 4:30pm in the ISAC II lunch room!  It's a great chance to socialize and eat some tasty treats!

We are also happy to announce a new quick messaging service just for GAPS called Mattermost! The link below will let users set join the GAPS Social Town Square on Mattermost.

https://mattermost.triumf.ca/signup_user_complete/?id=9u4srkd8e7ncfgjjegz9wqiidy

Also, if you are looking for things to do around Vancouver consider checking out some of these sites:
<http://meetup.com>

meetup.com
http://boredinvancouver.com/

*Note that both of these are external to TRIUMF (and GAPS) and that TRIUMF and GAPS have no affiliation with either websites and can't make any assurances about them.

----
Upcoming events:

  *   3 Minute Thesis competition with great prizes coming up on November 27th; contact GAPS to sign up! (gaps at triumf.ca)
  *   Monthly social pub night will be on Wednesday November 14th (note that is usually the first Wednesday of the month, but Beircraft was busy this week).

----

This week's quote:

“Science is a way of thinking much more than it is a body of knowledge.”

    – Carl Sagan

- Your GAPS

http://gaps.triumf.ca/