Last chance to sign up for the GAPS 3MT

Gaps gaps at triumf.ca
Mon Nov 19 12:35:38 PST 2018

Calling all postdocs, grads and undergrads:

This is a final call to sign up for the GAPS 3-Minute Thesis Competition! It takes place on Tuesday November 27th at 12 pm in the MOB auditorium. The deadline to sign up is tomorrow at noon.

This is a great opportunity that you don't want to miss! You'll get the chance to:

  *   Win money (two prizes of $100 for our student and postdoc winners, and one prize of $50 for our People's Choice winner)
  *   Practice for job interviews
  *   Add to your resume
  *   Improve your public speaking skills in a low-pressure setting

You can present on ANY original research (it doesn't need to be your thesis). Those of you who just prepared posters for the IPR should leap at this chance! Stick some of that poster content onto a slide and you're all set. Remember, the idea is to present your research to a science-literate audience of non-experts, and prizes will be awarded by the audience and by our panel of three judges.

If you want to sign up, please reply to this email with:

  1.  Your name
  2.  The name of your supervisor
  3.  Whether you're a postdoc, graduate student or undergrad/co-op student
  4.  The title of your talk (only if you have one already - this isn't necessary).

Looking forward to some great 3-minute talks!

- Your GAPS