Last chance: GAPS 3-min thesis deadline extended til tomorrow

Gaps gaps at triumf.ca
Tue Nov 20 12:36:12 PST 2018

Hi all,

We’re extending the deadline to sign up for the GAPS 3-Minute Thesis Competition by one day, until tomorrow (Wednesday). Don’t miss this chance to:

  *   Win money (two prizes of $100 for our student and postdoc winners, and one prize of $50 for our People's Choice winner)
  *   Practice for job interviews
  *   Add to your resume
  *   Improve your public speaking skills in a low-pressure setting

The competition happens on Tuesday November 27th at 12 pm in the MOB auditorium.

You can present on ANY original research (it doesn't need to be your thesis), and it only takes three minutes and a single slide. You’ll be competing with other students and postdocs, and trying to sway an audience of your fellow GAPS members and our panel of three judges.

If you want to sign up, please reply to this email with:

  1.  Your name
  2.  The name of your supervisor
  3.  Whether you're a postdoc, graduate student or undergrad/co-op student
  4.  The title of your talk (only if you have one already - this isn't necessary).

Thanks to everyone who has already signed up.

- Your GAPS