Invitation to the All-GAPS meeting

Gaps gaps at triumf.ca
Wed Oct 3 13:48:42 PDT 2018

Dear Grads and Postdocs of TRIUMF:

On Thursday October 18th, 12 pm - 1 pm in the MOB auditorium, your Grads and Postdocs Society (GAPS) is holding the first annual All-GAPS meeting, and you’re invited.

What’s this all about?
GAPS, together with TRIUMF management, would like to set up our goals for the next year(s). You are GAPS - so we need to hear what you want, and what is important to you!

In the first part of the meeting, the current GAPS organizing committee will quickly tell you what we have been doing over the past year. In this part of the meeting we'll also host a few representatives of TRIUMF management, who will briefly introduce themselves and share their view of GAPS.
In the second part - open to grads and postdocs only! - we’ll host an open discussion about life for you at TRIUMF. You’ll hear from your fellow grads and postdocs about their TRIUMF experience, and you’ll get to share your own.

What can I do to make sure my voice gets heard?
First, please take a minute to fill out this very short survey by noon, Wed. Oct. 10th: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3C7628T .
What would you like your GAPS to work on? Survey<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3C7628T>
www.surveymonkey.com
Web survey powered by SurveyMonkey.com. Create your own online survey now with SurveyMonkey's expert certified FREE templates.

Second, come to the All-GAPS meeting! The agenda will be set according to what you write in the survey.

Why participate at all?
We know there are parts of life at TRIUMF that are really great, and other parts that you’d like to change. What works here, and what doesn't? Tell us, so that we can get to work on the things that matter most to you. Your input will shape our focus for the next year(s), and you’ll get to talk with and hear from other grads and postdocs who probably have the same concerns. Also - there will be pizza at the meeting.

We’re looking forward to seeing and hearing you.

- Your GAPS

http://gaps.triumf.ca/
GAPS<http://gaps.triumf.ca/>
gaps.triumf.ca
The Graduate Students and Postdocs Society (GAPS) at TRIUMF is committed to fostering a sense of community among the graduate students and postdocs, and developing an infrastructure to support their needs.. GAPS primarily focuses on providing professional and academic development opportunities, as well as encouraging members well-being both inside and outside of TRIUMF.