FW: TRIUMF Community Announcements : PSD Health and Wellness Present: Therapy Dogs at TRIUMF

Science Division Shared Account sciencediv at triumf.ca
Wed Apr 3 12:47:45 PDT 2019

Dear Post-docs, GAPS, and Grads,

Please see the announcement below in the event that you or someone you know may not have received it.

Thanks!

Allayne McGowan
Administrative Assistant - Physical Sciences Division
t   604-222-7438
amcgowan at triumf.ca<mailto:amcgowan at triumf.ca>
sciencediv at triumf.ca<mailto:sciencediv at triumf.ca>

TRIUMF Canada's particle accelerator centre
www.triumf.ca<http://www.triumf.ca> @TRIUMFLab

4004 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver, BC  V6T 2A3

PSD Health and Wellness Present: Therapy Dogs at TRIUMF:

Dear TRIUMF Community,

The Physical Sciences Division Health and Wellness Committee are pleased to present: Therapy Dogs at TRIUMF!

On Friday, April 12th, from 11:00am-1:00pm, we are elated to be hosting a small group of furry friends (and their humans!) from the St. John Ambulance therapy dog program for our first Stress Management Initiative in the Auditorium. Improving lives on a daily basis, the St. John Ambulance therapy dog program brings joy and comfort to the sick, lonely, stressed, and those who need a friendly visit. In an effort to combat stress at work, we would like to offer TRIUMF staff an opportunity to meet a therapy dog in a non-judgmental, safe, and relaxed environment, and experience the benefits that come with spending time with a furry friend.

Our group of visitors is small (they are volunteers with day-jobs) and TRIUMF is very large. As this is the first event of its kind and we anticipate a large number of participants, visitation will be done in small groups and is currently scheduled in 15-minute intervals. This may be subject to change depending on the number of people that sign up, and this is strictly for the safety, comfort, and well-being of the dogs and their handlers. We greatly appreciate your patience and your flexibility. Please sign-up for visitation using the Microsoft Forms link below. Sign-up will close this Friday, April 5th at 11:30pm to allow adequate time for scheduling.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=EDUFwrOceUai049ELgO1hxHtm3SnqvxApx0KIfKgE1lURVdIQ0pXN0RCN1hGS0tLRjBCTEwyV0xOOC4u

Dogs are wonderful and we, the PSD H+W Committee, absolutely adore them, but it is important to clarify that this is not an opportunity for you to bring your own furry friend to work. We have no doubt that they are lovely, friendly, well-trained, and an all-around "good dog," but they are not allowed to be at work with you. Our guests are certified professionals, and we are doing our best to ensure their safety and well-being, as well as the safety and well-being of TRIUMF staff that are not able to be around dogs.

We hope that you will be able to participate! If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thanks!

Allayne

for the PSD Health and Wellness Committee

You can verify the source of this email at https://admin.triumf.ca/d2w-sec/announcevalidate.d2w/verify?id=3778