EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST for grads or post-docs to give lecture series as part of the Student Seminars

Marcello Pavan marcello at triumf.ca
Fri May 3 15:12:16 PDT 2019

Greetings Grads and Post-Docs,

planning for the Student Seminars will being on Monday.   Within the TRAC group there was an interest in offering grads and post-docs the opportunity to contribute a short ‘lecture series’ to our undergrads.

 We tried this approach a couple years ago (see the schedule attached below) to good effect, but interest tailed off the subsequent years.
so we are wondering if there are any grads or PDs now that would like to take up the challenge.  We are looking for up to 3 consecutive talks on some relevant subject that will provide more than just a cursory intro to our undergrads.   No problems should be assigned, BUT its OK to include some interactivity.  we could include a couple such series this term.

Please let me know ASAP if you are interested, even in principle.  we can discuss details later.

hope to hear from someone, anyone, real soon now.

cheers,
marcello

[cid:AF2A7BB0-C391-4268-8913-4587DF56D623 at triumf.ca]