FW: TRIUMF Community Announcements : Become a Blood Donor & Help Us Reach Our TRIUMF Pledge Goal

Carla Rodrigo CRodrigo at triumf.ca
Wed Oct 2 14:39:40 PDT 2019

From: Kristine Ho <kho at triumf.ca>
Sent: October 2, 2019 2:22 PM
To: Carla Rodrigo <CRodrigo at triumf.ca>
Subject: TRIUMF Community Announcements : Become a Blood Donor & Help Us Reach Our TRIUMF Pledge Goal

Become a Blood Donor & Help Us Reach Our TRIUMF Pledge Goal:
Dear TRIUMF Community,

As a member of Canadian Blood Services' Partners for Life program and in accordance with TRIUMF's dedication to health and wellness, TRIUMF has pledged to collect 45 units for 2019 - we're currently a third of the way there! If you're able, consider donating blood to help us reach our pledge goal, and make a positive impact in the lives of Canadians.

To participate:

1. Check your eligibility as a blood donor: https://blood.ca/en/blood/am-i-eligible/abcs-eligibility

2. Register as part of the TRIUMF Team by entering our unique partner ID (ID: TRIU552576) to ensure your donations count towards our pledge: https://blood.ca/en/ways-donate/donate-partner/becoming-partner/team-member-registration

3. Sign up for our group donation session on Friday October 25th at 1:30pm by filling out our Google form by October 17th midnight: https://forms.gle/gkdyvqMcGUHWj9dS9.

Canadian Blood Services will provide a free shuttle to and from the Oak Street Donor Centre, with the travel time and donation taking around 2 hours, depending on traffic. Please confirm your absence with your supervisor beforehand. A group photo will be taken in the MOB lobby at 1:20pm before departure at 1:30pm to commemorate this occasion.

If you do not meet all the blood donor eligibility criteria, you can still donate your blood for research: https://blood.ca/en/research/products-and-services-researchers/products-research/donating-blood-research

Please contact Kristine Ho at kho at triumf.ca if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Ian Doyle
Human Resources