TAPD Survey (P.S. there is money involved!) - for past UBC TAs

Gaps gaps at triumf.ca
Tue Apr 28 18:31:51 PDT 2020

Hi all,

See below for an announcement from the TAPD at UBC that they asked us to help circulate. If anyone has been a TA for a UBC course in the past (not necessarily as a UBC student), you're welcome to fill out the survey and win cash!

--------

As many of you know, the TAPD has been holding focus groups over the past few months as part of a needs assessment to gather information which will help shape our TA Training workshops and other TAPD initiatives (such as mentor TAing and Head TAing) to make them more effective for TAs in future years.

Based on some recurring themes we’ve heard in the focus groups, we’ve created this anonymous survey to help pinpoint issues that TAs have had in the department and gather opinions on how the TAPD should change our training workshops for the better. The survey is open to both current and past PHAS TAs.

To encourage you, 5 people who fill out the survey will receive $25! These are genuinely good odds!! The survey is estimated to take 15-20 minutes (which is $75/hour if you win by the way), and there is only one “text box” style answer (everything else is multiple choice style), so it will not be a chore to fill out (promise!!)

Please fill out this survey by Monday, May 11th (~ 2 weeks from now) if you can. TA training is of course mandatory in our department, so we want it to be as effective and useful as possible. It would help us a lot if you filled out this survey!

Here is the link:

https://ubc.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3IeKPQNeDRxbn6Z<https://can01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fubc.ca1.qualtrics.com%2Fjfe%2Fform%2FSV_3IeKPQNeDRxbn6Z&data=02%7C01%7Crhayes%40triumf.ca%7C60de2461b71b4078189208d7ebb7c87e%7Cc20535109cb34679a2d38f442e03b587%7C1%7C0%7C637237046883787127&sdata=1z4oCgDKizJKpl6IHuoTRMYphTLIo8id8IQoAPKVX9Q%3D&reserved=0>

Thanks everyone!

Best,
Cassandra, Stepan, Yukiya, and Sean
TAPD Committee