Tax Workshop next week

Gaps gaps at triumf.ca
Wed Jan 22 15:34:00 PST 2020

Hi GAPS members!

As you’ve hopefully heard through TRIUMF-wide announcements, next week TRIUMF will be hosting a tax workshop. This session, “Tax Tips: Dealing with Tax Season in Canada,” is being organized by the GAPS committee with the support of the Community Fund. It will be hosted by a registered CPA, Shuli Ben-Moshe, and will take place in the MOB auditorium from 11 am - 1:30 pm on Tuesday Jan. 28th.

The event came about because we’ve heard from many of you that tax season is a stressful time, particularly for those who have little experience dealing with the Canadian tax system. It will provide an opportunity to hear directly from a tax expert about the type of income that has to be reported, residency issues, declaring foreign property or assets, deductions and credits available, and more. There will also be time set aside for a Q&A.

We think that it will be directly relevant to much of the grad student and postdoc population at TRIUMF, and hope to see you there! Refreshments will be served. Please sign up here: https://doodle.com/poll/2czbakct85fz9kha

- Your GAPS