[Triumf-journal-club] Journal Club

Richard H. Cyburt cyburt@triumf.ca
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:15:40 -0800

Hi Everyone,

We are rescheduling Journal Club for Tuesday, Valentine's Day  February
14th, during the regularly scheduled Theory Seminar time slot at 1pm in
the Main Office Conference room on the first floor.

We are also planning a sushi lunch before the Journal Club.  For those
interested, please reply to me (NOT the triumf-journal-club email), so I
can get a count on how many people would like sushi.  Sushi will likely
start between 12:15 and 12:30 depending on how long it takes to get the
sushi.  In your replies, please tell me what sushi you like.  Nigiri
Sushi (sushi on rice), Maki Sushi (sushi rolls), Vegi sushi, Tuna sushi,
etc.  I'll see what kind of combo is best.

Pierre Capel will be discussing the paper on the archive about a
calculation of the 7Be(p,gamma)8B radiative capture using a no-core
shell model description of the nuclei. See:
http://www.arxiv.org/abs/nucl-th/0601019
 and will try to make a comparison with the microscopic cluster model of
Descouvemont and Baye (NPA 567, 341 (1994), and PRC 70, 065802 (2004)).

Cheers,
Richard

--
Richard H. Cyburt