[Triumf-linux-users] [Triumf-linux-managers] FYI - certbot (was letsencrypt) for CertOS 7, 6

Konstantin Olchanski olchansk at triumf.ca
Fri Dec 2 23:35:52 PST 2016

On Thu, Dec 01, 2016 at 01:38:34PM -0800, Jess H. Brewer wrote:
> Hi Andrew, I got certbot-auto via #wget
> https://dl.eff.org/certbot-auto and ran it on my spare SL6.x system
> (testing there before on the running server).  It seemed to do the
> installation properly, but at the end I got a blue scree of death
> and the message

Using SL6? Give up now, save time.

RHEL/SL/CentOS 6 is effectively too old to run anything you would want to install
today. Nobody supports it. Some things can be made to work from EPEL and 3rd party repos,
but YMMV.

certbot on CentOS 7 does work as I have documented here (did not try Ubuntu yet):
http://www.triumf.info/wiki/DAQwiki/index.php/SLinstall#Configure_HTTPS_server_.28CentOS7.29

--
Konstantin Olchanski
Email: olchansk-at-triumf-dot-ca