[Triumf-running] TRIUMF Walking and Running Group - Week of Feb 1, 2016

Robert Watt watt at triumf.ca
Mon Feb 1 15:33:11 PST 2016

Hi Everyone,

*Join the team*
The Sun Run Team sign up is happening now. Sign up before Feb 5th and
save a few dollars. Team sign up will cut off on March 4th.

*It's not too late to start training*
If you feel that the suggested workouts shown below may not work for
you, don't let it stop you from joining us. Talk to me or one of the
other runners, who have done much training, when we gather at noon. We
can help you find the right starting point and get you going on your
journey.

*Training this week*

*Tuesday - Feb 2, 2015* - Reverse ladder repeats on Imperial Trail
Meet at 12:00 outside the badge room

Runners

  * easy warm up jog to the west end of Imperial Trail
  * dynamic stretching
  * 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1 minute repeats at 10K pace with 1 minute rests
  * warm down jog back to TRIUMF
  * stretching at TRIUMF

Learning to run group (or restarting)

  * Start with a 5 minute walk then easy run for 2 minutes, walk for 2
    minutes, run 2, walk 2, and repeat on route to the meeting point,
    continue these repeats on the running course, and then back to TRIUMF.
  * stretching at TRIUMF

*Thursday Feb 4, 2016* - 45 minute tempo run. Route will be determined
at start time.
Meet at 12:00 outside the Badge Room

  * Runners: 10 minute easy run and then for 25 minutes, gradually
    increase from an easy pace to a faster pace near the end and
    switching direction at 12.5 minutes. After 25 minutes, slow down to
    an easy run back to TRIUMF.
  * For Learn to run training: 5 minute walk then alternate 2 minute
    easy run with 2 minute walk, and then a 5 minute walk back to TRIUMF
  *   Stretching for everyone.

Please feel free to pass this message along to others at TRIUMF.
If you prefer to not receive these emails, you can remove yourself by
visiting http://lists.triumf.ca/mailman/listinfo/triumf-running
Our Group's webpages:
http://www.triumf.ca/triumf-social-club/triumf-walk-run-group