[Triumf-running] TRIUMF Walking and Running Group - Week of July 11, 2016

Robert Watt watt at triumf.ca
Mon Jul 11 14:47:53 PDT 2016

*Hi Everyone,

*It occurs to me that summertime can be a time to easily find excuses to
not engage in physical activities. Most people have vacation plans and
want downtime and rightfully they should. The hotter weather (perhaps in
other parts of Canada), BBq's, beer or equivalent, or family commitments
can cause us to put our fitness plans off until the fall. This is
unfortunate since summer on the west coast, regardless of the weather,
is such as great place to hike, bike, swim, run, and do so may
activities. So make sure you continue to get out frequently for your
physical activities.

Our running/walking  group is still active so come out and join us as
often as you can.

*Tuesday - July 12, 2016* - 3 minute repeats on Imperial Trail. About 45
minutes in total.
Meet at 12:00 outside the badge room

Runners

  * easy warm up jog to the west end of Imperial Trail
  * dynamic stretching
  * 5 or 6  three minute repeats at 10K race pace with 1 minute rest
    between.
  * warm down jog back to TRIUMF
  * stretching at TRIUMF

Walkers and walk/runners

  * Walk or jog to the same location
  * Mixed walk, jog, or run - your call and you can also get feedback
    from other members
  * Walk or alternate walk/jog back to TRIUMF
  * Stretch at TRIUMF

*Thursday July 14, 2016* - 45 minute tempo run or walk or walk/run.
Route will be determined at start time.
Meet at 12:00 outside the Badge Room

  * 10 minute easy run as a group and then for 25 minutes, gradually
    increase from an easy pace to a faster pace near the end and
    switching direction at the mid-way time. After 25 minutes, collect
    the group back together, and then do an easy run back to TRIUMF.
  *   Stretching for everyone.

Please feel free to pass this message along to others at TRIUMF.
If you prefer to not receive these emails, you can remove yourself by
visiting http://lists.triumf.ca/mailman/listinfo/triumf-running
Our Group's webpages:
http://www.triumf.ca/triumf-social-club/triumf-walk-run-group

Cheers,