[Triumf-running] TRIUMF Walking and Running Group - Week of June 6, 2016

Robert Watt watt at triumf.ca
Mon Jun 6 17:30:35 PDT 2016

Hi Everyone,

*Racing News*
Four members of our running group challenged themselves at the MEC
half-marathon race in Steveston this last Sunday. It was a warm and
breezy event but that did not deter them from putting in strong efforts.
Anders Mjos, David Morrissey, Claire David, and Gabriel Palicino all had
good days out there. Congrats to all of you.

I ran the Sandcastle Classic 5K in White Rock on Sunday. My finishing
time was a bit off of the goal but it was an enjoyable event.

There are many running and hiking events available every weekend around
the lower mainland. Find one that interests you and sign up. It is
always good to have a goal event to work towards. This Friday evening,
the Longest Day 5K and 10K race takes place at UBC. This is a very good
event with a big BBQ, live music, and many prizes. You can still sign up
at http://www.thunderbirdstrack.org/longest-day-road-race/.

*Training this week*

*Tuesday - June 7, 2016* - Ladder workout on Imperial Trail
Meet at 12:00 outside the badge room

Runners

  * easy warm up jog to the west end of Imperial Trail
  * dynamic stretching
  * 1, 2, 2, 3, 4, 5 minute runs at 10K pace with 1 minute rests between.
  * warm down jog back to TRIUMF
  * stretching at TRIUMF

Walkers and walk/runners

  * Walk or jog to the same location
  * Mixed walk, jog, or run - your call and you can also get feedback
    from other members
  * Walk or alternate walk/jog back to TRIUMF
  * Stretch at TRIUMF

*Thursday June 9, 2016* - 45 minute tempo run or walk or walk/run. Route
will be determined at start time.
Meet at 12:00 outside the Badge Room

  * 10 minute easy run and then for 25 minutes, gradually increase from
    an easy pace to a faster pace near the end and switching direction
    at 12.5 minutes. After 25 minutes, slow down to an easy run back to
    TRIUMF.
  *   Stretching for everyone.

Please feel free to pass this message along to others at TRIUMF.
If you prefer to not receive these emails, you can remove yourself by
visiting http://lists.triumf.ca/mailman/listinfo/triumf-running
Our Group's webpages:
http://www.triumf.ca/triumf-social-club/triumf-walk-run-group

Cheers,