[Triumf-running] TRIUMF Walking and Running Group - Week of June 27, 2016

Robert Watt watt at triumf.ca
Mon Jun 27 13:51:31 PDT 2016

*Hi Everyone,

*We had four members of our running group participating in the
Scotiabank Half Marathon on Sunday. It was a great day. Some may say it
was too warm for racing but it was likely not much of a factor. David
Wang was participating and Qun Gee surpassed his expectations with a
solid time of 1:36:31. Stefan Paul, a recent arrival at TRIUMF from
Germany, ran side by side with me (Rob) throughout the entire race. The
team work lead to both of us setting personal best times for a half
marathon with a time of 1:26:39 and we both received 3rd place in our
respective age groups. This demonstrates how beneficial it is to have a
pace partner during endurance events.

There are many other road and trail events during the summer months.
Sign up for one or more so that you have a goal to work towards. The
Summerfast 10K event is on Saturday July 16th at 8:00am in Stanley Park.
It is an easy run to do and is always fun.

*Tuesday - June 28, 2016* - 1K loops
Meet at 12:00 outside the badge room

Runners

  * easy warm up jog to the junction of Hemlock and Huckleberry trails
  * dynamic stretching
  * 3 or 4 loops at 10K pace with 90 second rests between.
  * warm down jog back to TRIUMF
  * stretching at TRIUMF

Walkers and walk/runners

  * Walk or jog to the same location
  * Mixed walk, jog, or run - your call and you can also get feedback
    from other members
  * Walk or alternate walk/jog back to TRIUMF
  * Stretch at TRIUMF

*Thursday June 30, 2016* - 45 minute tempo run or walk or walk/run.
Route will be determined at start time.
Meet at 12:00 outside the Badge Room

  * 10 minute easy run and then for 25 minutes, gradually increase from
    an easy pace to a faster pace near the end and switching direction
    at 12.5 minutes. After 25 minutes, slow down to an easy run back to
    TRIUMF.
  *   Stretching for everyone.

Please feel free to pass this message along to others at TRIUMF.
If you prefer to not receive these emails, you can remove yourself by
visiting http://lists.triumf.ca/mailman/listinfo/triumf-running
Our Group's webpages:
http://www.triumf.ca/triumf-social-club/triumf-walk-run-group

Cheers,