[Triumf-running] TRIUMF Running Group - Week of Nov 28, 2016

Robert Watt watt at triumf.ca
Mon Nov 28 14:07:46 PST 2016

Hi Everyone,*
*
The Sun Run offices have sent the first brochures for the 2017 race on
April 23rd. I will be organizing our team again and in early January I
will provide details on how to sign up. In the meantime, do come out and
run with us on Tuesdays and Thursdays if you can. This is not a
prerequisite for being on the team but it will help you reach your goal.

The Gunner Shaw Cross Country running event is this coming Saturday at
Jericho park. It is a 10km course on grass, trail, sand, with hills and
big puddles. Should be fun. Have a look at http://www.lgrr.com/gshaw/.
**
*Tuesday - Nov 29**, 2016* - Hill work on Huckleberry Trail
Meet at 12:00 outside the Badge Room

  * easy warm up jog the junction of Hemlock and Huckleberry trails
  * dynamic stretching
  * 6 to 8 hill repeats with easy jogs downhill
  * warm down jog back to TRIUMF
  * stretching at TRIUMF

*Thursday Dec 1, 2016* - 45 minute tempo run or run. Marine Drive or
forest route depending on the weather.
Meet at 12:00 outside the Badge Room

  * 10 minute easy run as a group then gradually increase pace to be at
    half marathon pace or faster pace near the mid-way time. Turn
    direction while gradually reducing the pace and collect the group
    back together. Do an easy run back to TRIUMF.
  *   Stretching for everyone.

Please feel free to pass this message along to others at TRIUMF.
If you prefer to not receive these emails, you can remove yourself by
visiting http://lists.triumf.ca/mailman/listinfo/triumf-running
Our Group's webpages:
http://www.triumf.ca/triumf-social-club/triumf-walk-run-group

Cheers,