[Triumf-running] TRIUMF Running Group - Week of Aug 20, 2018

Robert Watt watt at triumf.ca
Mon Aug 20 18:06:32 PDT 2018

Hi Everyone,

There is a lot of smoke in the air so the Tuesday run is cancelled.
The levels are very high, actually now in the very unhealthy range. The forecast is for continuing high levels of particulate through Tuesday. Given this, I recommend we do not run on Tuesday. There should be improvement by Thursday so will keep that run scheduled for now.

Upcoming running event - Eastside 10K
For any of you interested in doing a 10K road race, the next big event is the Eastside 10K on Sept 15th. I know there will be at least a few TRIUMF runners participating. Details are at http://canadarunningseries.com/vancouver-eastside-10k.

Training this Week
Tuesday , Aug 21,2018 - CANCELLED

Thursday  2018 -  Tempo run
Meet at 12:00 outside the Badge Room

  *   Easy run for 10 minutes. We may split into a few warm up groups.
  *   Gradually increase your pace over the next 10 minutes to the point that you can still engage in short conversation but you are running moderately hard.
  *   At the halfway time turn direction to come back the same way.
  *   Maintain the pace up to the 35 minute mark.
  *   Regroup and jog back to TRIUMF.
  *   Static stretching for everyone.
Cheers,
Rob

Robert Watt
Group Leader IST Windows Team
T (604) 222-7477
watt at triumf.ca<mailto:watt at triumf.ca>
TRIUMF Canada's particle accelerator centre
                www.triumf.ca<http://www.triumf.ca/>
4004 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver BC V6T 2A3 Canada