[Triumf-running] TRIUMF Running Group - Week of Nov 12, 2018

Robert Watt watt at triumf.ca
Tue Nov 13 06:57:28 PST 2018

Hi Everyone,

This week, we continue to build our running-base by running the 1 km loop starting at the Hemlock and Huckleberry trails.

Training this Week
Tuesday Nov 13, 2018 - 1km loops
Meet at 12:00 outside the Badge Room

Jog to the junction of Huckleberry and Hemlock trails

  *   dynamic stretching
  *   4 or 5 1km loops with 1 minute rest between each. Intensity should be moderate to high.
  *   easy jog back to TRIUMF
  *   static stretching
Thursday Nov 15, 2018 -  Tempo run
Meet at 12:00 outside the Badge Room

  *   Easy run for 10 minutes. We may split into a few warm up groups.
  *   Gradually increase your pace over the next 10 minutes to the point that you can still engage in short conversation but you are running moderately hard.
  *   At the halfway time turn direction to come back the same way.
  *   Maintain the pace up to the 35 minute mark.
  *   Regroup and jog back to TRIUMF.
  *   Static stretching for everyone.

Weekend runs - The long easy run.
For the long run on the weekend, consider doing a 65 to 75 minute run at an easy pace with the last 5 minutes at a moderate pace.

Alternate run days or cross training
If you want to run more than 3 days a week, do treat the extra runs as recovery runs. You should be able to converse easily during these.
Consider doing strength training. There are many routines designed for runners. Cycling, hiking, swimming, yoga, are great cross training activities. Basically, keep as active as possible without hurting yourself.
Please feel free to pass this message along to others at TRIUMF.
Our Group's webpages: http://www.triumf.ca/triumf-social-club/triumf-walk-run-group

Cheers,
Rob

Robert Watt
Group Leader - Information & Systems Technology Windows Team
t  604.222.7477
watt at triumf.ca<mailto:watt at triumf.ca>

TRIUMF Canada's particle accelerator centre
www.triumf.ca<http://www.triumf.ca> @TRIUMFLab

4004 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver BC V6T 2A3 Canada