[Triumf-running] TRIUMF Running Group - Week of March 23, 2020

Robert Watt watt at triumf.ca
Mon Mar 23 17:04:42 PDT 2020

Hi Everyone,

I am almost reluctant to send out notices regarding the run group during this time. It seems so unimportant compared to what we are witnessing. On the other hand, exercising is key to keeping us healthy. With that in mind, I hope I can provide you with helpful ideas.

For the foreseeable future, TRIUMF Running group runs are cancelled.
I am stopping the posting of work out routines. It is up to you to run however, whenever, or where ever you want.

With this very serious need to keep our distance the question arises about how to run and maintain distancing. Here are a few ideas:

  *   Running solo works.
  *   If for personal safety reasons you prefer to run with a partner, do run with a larger gap between you.
  *   Try to avoid areas where everyone else is going to get outdoors. For example the Stanley Park Seawall is typically too busy.
  *   Choose an area to run that is not scenic, less people should be in your path.
  *   If you do have to get closer to people, slow down or step aside.

Other training options:

  *   Cycling is a good option as we typically maintain greater spacing anyways.
  *   With the gyms closed. Look for strengthening routines you can do at home without special equipment. Youtube is bursting with this content.

Let's hope we can continue to get outside and exercise because it keeps us healthy.

Take good care of yourself and your family.

Rob

Please feel free to pass this message along to others at TRIUMF.
Our Group's webpages: http://www.triumf.ca/triumf-social-club/triumf-walk-run-group

Robert Watt
Group Leader - Information & Systems Technology Windows Team
t  604.222.7477
watt at triumf.ca<mailto:watt at triumf.ca>

TRIUMF Canada's particle accelerator centre
www.triumf.ca<http://www.triumf.ca> @TRIUMFLab

4004 Wesbrook Mall
Vancouver BC V6T 2A3 Canada