[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Seminar today at 14:00

postmaster@admin.triumf.ca postmaster@admin.triumf.ca
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 05:00:05 -0700

Date/Time: Thu 2003-06-05 at 14:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Aida El-Khadra (University of Illinois)

Title:     The Charm and Beauty of Lattice QCD

Abstract: This talk is intended for experimentalists and theorists who aren't experts in lattice QCD. I will focus on recent charm and beauty physics results from lattice QCD. These results are based on numerical simulations with realistic sea quark effects, which have recently become available for the first time. I will review some of the progress which enables us to perform these simulations, and discuss our overall physics program.

Stimulants available 15 minutes before the talk.