[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Seminar today at 14:00

postmaster@admin.triumf.ca postmaster@admin.triumf.ca
Thu, 30 Oct 2003 05:00:01 -0800

Date/Time: Thu 2003-10-30 at 14:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Lukas Theussl (TRIUMF)

Title:     Light Baryon Resonances in Constituent Quark Models

Abstract: In this seminar I will deal with some issues that are relevant in the area of nucleonic resonances within different constituent quark models. In this context I concentrate on the theoretical description of pi and eta decays of N and Delta resonances. The results obtained point to the necessity of a more microscopic description of the dynamics of constituent quarks which is at the same time responsible for the binding of quarks inside baryons and the decay of the latter ones. Some possible developments in this direction are outlined.

Stimulants available 15 minutes before the talk.