[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Seminar today at 14:00

postmaster@admin.triumf.ca postmaster@admin.triumf.ca
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 05:00:01 -0800

Date/Time: Thu 2004-01-08 at 14:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Dru Renner (MIT)

Title:     Transverse Structure of Nucleon Parton Distributions

Abstract: Generalized parton distributions determine the angular momentum decomposition of the nucleon and the transverse distribution of partons in the nucleon. Additionally, in particular limits they reduce to form factors and ordinary parton distributions. I will review generalized parton distributions and present our full QCD lattice calculations of the quark helicity and orbital angular momentum in the nucleon, the asymptotic scaling ratio F_2 / F_1, and the transverse distribution of quarks in the nucleon.

Stimulants available 15 minutes before the talk.