[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Lunchtime Seminar today at 13:00

postmaster@admin.triumf.ca postmaster@admin.triumf.ca
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 08:53:52 -0700

Date/Time: Tue 2005-06-07 at 13:00

Location:  MOB Conference Room

Speaker:   Chris Crawford (MIT, for the BLAST collaboration)

Title:     A Precision Measurement of GpE/GpM at BLAST

Abstract: We have measured GpE/GpM at Q^2 = 0.1-0.9 (GeV/c)^2 in the South Hall Ring of the MIT-Bates Linear Accelerator Facility. This experiment used a polarized electron beam, a pure hydrogen internal polarized target, and the symmetric Bates Large Acceptance Spectrometer Toroid (BLAST) detector. By measuring the spin-dependent elastic H(e,e'p) asymmetry in both sectors simultaneously, we could extract the form factor ratio independent of beam and target polarization. This was the first experiment to measure GpE/GpM using a polarized target, which is complementary to recoil polarimetry experiments. Preliminary results are presented.