[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Seminar today at 14:00

postmaster@admin.triumf.ca postmaster@admin.triumf.ca
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:31:03 -0800

Date/Time: Thu 2005-11-10 at 14:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Vassilis Spanos (William Fine Theoretical Institute, U. Minnesota)

Title:     SUSY Dark Matter after WMAP and before the LHC

Abstract: Recent cosmological data, especially from the WMAP satellite, support at high accuracy a cosmological model, where the energy density of the Universe is composed of dark energy up to 73% and of matter up to 27%, most of which is in the form of non-baryonic Dark Matter. Supersymmetric theories, with R-parity conservation, offer a comprehensive theoretical framework which provides us with a suitable candidate for the Dark Matter, the lightest supersymmetric particle (LSP). We will discuss the possibilities that the LSP is the lightest neutralino or the gravitino, in the context of the Constrained Minimal Supersymmetric Standard Model, the most economic supersymmetric extension of the Standard Model. Hence, we will investigate the potential of discovering supersymmetry at future  colliders and in particular at the LHC.

Coffees and cookies served 13:45