[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Technical Seminar today at 12:30

postmaster@admin.triumf.ca postmaster@admin.triumf.ca
Fri, 25 Nov 2005 05:00:00 -0800

Date/Time: Fri 2005-11-25 at 12:30

Location:  ISAC2 conf room

Speaker:   Nathalie Lecesne (GANIL)

Title:     From GANIL to TRIUMF: An overview of ECR ion sources

Abstract: ECRIS (Electron Cyclotron Resonance Ion Sources) are currently developed at GANIL (Grand Accélérateur National d’Ions Lourds) in Caen since around 20 years for the production of stable ion beams and since 15 years for the production of radioactive ion beams. More recently, a new concept of  ECRIS has been  discovered and a series of new sources have been  built and successfully tested off and on line. Since my arrival at TRIUMF in April, I’m working on the development of a new “GANIL based” ECRIS for ISAC: “MISTIC”. During my talk, I will give the present status of GANIL, of the exotic beam facility SPIRAL (Système de Production d’Ions Radioactifs Accélérés en Ligne) and of the new SPIRAL2 project. Afterwards, I will present an overview of the GANIL sources and I will describe the status of the MISTIC source at TRIUMF.

Please bring your own lunch.