[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Journal Club Seminar today at 12:00

postmaster@admin.triumf.ca postmaster@admin.triumf.ca
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 09:40:49 -0700

Date/Time: Mon 2006-04-24 at 12:00

Location:  MainOffice Boardroom

Speaker:   Lukas Theussl (TRIUMF)

Title:     A Web Strategy for Scientific Documents

Abstract: Author: Michel Goossens
http://tips.sissa.it/docs/FR/gossens.pdf

The paper talks about the current status of scientific publishing on the web. It presents different methods that exist for displaying scientific documents, including mathematics and graphical content, in Web pages. I will try to outline the different initiatives and activities that are going on in this field, and explain why we physicists should care.

Check out the Journal Club webpage for more info:
http://trshare.triumf.ca/~theoryweb/ttgjclub.html

Please bring your lunch, rumors, news and Journal Club topics and volunteers