[Triumf-seminars] colloquium visit of Yong-Zhong Qian: Where, oh where has the r-process gone?

Barry Davids davids@triumf.ca
Wed, 4 Oct 2006 13:49:15 -0700

Dear all,

Yong-Zhong Qian (University of Minnesota) is visiting us on Thursday
to give our TRIUMF colloquium. We would like to set up a schedule for
his visit. If you are interested in talking to Yong, please send me
an email with possible time slots that work for you. His title and
abstract are:

Where, oh where has the r-process gone?

Approximately half of the elements above mass 70 are produced by
rapid neutron capture, the r-process. A review will be given of the
recent progress in the understanding of this process, including
astrophysical models and stellar observations. The requirement of
multiple sites for the r-process will be emphasized. Nuclear and
astrophysical issues relevant to the problem will be discussed.

Thanks,
Achim

------------------------
Achim Schwenk