[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF ISAC Seminar today at 15:15

postmaster at admin.triumf.ca postmaster at admin.triumf.ca
Wed Apr 11 05:00:01 PDT 2007

Date/Time: Wed 2007-04-11 at 15:15

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Marco Marchetto (TRIUMF)

Title:     The linear accelerators of the ISAC facility

Abstract: The ISAC facility at TRIUMF has now two high energy experimental areas. In the ISAC I hall a normal conducting LINAC, composed of an RFQ injector and a DTL, is designed to accelerate heavy ions of 2<=A/Q<=6 up to 1.5 MeV/u. In the last few years the performance of the machine has been pushed to 1.8 MeV/u maintaining consistent results in terms of transmission and reliability. In the ISAC II area the beam from ISAC I is boosted with the new superconducting LINAC. At the moment the medium beta section of the new machine is installed and commissioned increasing the capability by an additional 20 MV. The first experiment in the new experimental area already took place in January 2007 showing outstanding performance of the new installation. Both ISAC I and ISAC II machines will be presented and in particular the results of the superconducting LINAC commissioning. Tuning strategies for both machines will be explained. Future developments will be outlined.

Stimulants available 15 minutes before the talk.