[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Seminar today at 14:00

postmaster at admin.triumf.ca postmaster at admin.triumf.ca
Thu Sep 27 05:00:00 PDT 2007

Date/Time: Thu 2007-09-27 at 14:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Rick Field (University of Florida at Gainesville)

Title:     Toward an Understanding of Hadron-Hadron Collisions:  From Feynman-Field to the LHC

Abstract: I will start with a look back at the "old days" of Feynman-Field collider phenomenology.  I will then show how we are studying the "underlying event" in Run 2 at CDF in high transverse momentum jet production and in Drell-Yan lepton-pair productions.  I will examine how well we can model hadron-hadron collisions and show several PYTHIA 6.2 tunes (with multiple parton interactions) and discuss extrapolations to the LHC.

Stimulants will be available 15 minutes before the talk.