[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Seminar today at 14:00

postmaster at admin.triumf.ca postmaster at admin.triumf.ca
Tue Jan 15 05:00:00 PST 2008

Date/Time: Tue 2008-01-15 at 14:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Danas Ridikas (CEA Saclay)

Title:     Photo-Nuclear Reaction Studies at CEA Saclay: from physics to applications

Abstract: Nowadays high energy photon induced reactions are widely used in a number of applications as RIB production, generation of neutrons, non-destructive nuclear waste characterization, nuclear material detection at borders, etc. The PhotoNuc project at CEA Saclay, in addition to the fundamental research interests on photo-fission, aims to provide accurate basic nuclear data and evaluations to respond to requests of applications. Indeed, photonuclear data are very scarce and presently known with un-sufficient precision for the above purposes. In particular, the measurements of photo-fission delayed neutrons and delayed photons have been undertaken, where the ELSA electron accelerator is employed to provide Bremsstrahlung photons with endpoint energies from 11 to 19 MeV. This experimental work is accompanied by a modelling effort, which includes evaluations of photonuclear cross sections for actinides, fission fragment yields and neutron multiplicities, including the energy and angular distributions of emitted particles. In this talk I will summarize our results obtained since 2004 and will describe our near future investigations.

Stimulants available 15 minutes before the talk.