[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Seminar today at 14:00

postmaster at admin.triumf.ca postmaster at admin.triumf.ca
Mon Feb 18 05:00:00 PST 2008

Date/Time: Mon 2008-02-18 at 14:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Yasuhiro Masuda (Institute of Particle and Nuclear Studies, KEK)

Title:     A new generation UCN source for neutron EDM measurement

Abstract: We are planning to build a new generation ultracold neutron (UCN) source at TRIUMF. UCN density is crucial in developing physics with UCN, for example, neutron electric dipole moment (EDM) measurement. The new UCN source at TRIUMF will be the world’s highest. Many CP violation theories, for example supersymmetric theories, left-right symmetric theories, and multi-Higgs models can be tested with the UCN source at TRIUMF. We are developing the Ramsey resonance with UCN at RCNP as a preparation for the EDM measurement. Here, we discuss our UCN source and the preparation for the EDM measurement as well as the history of EDM measurement.

Stimulants available 15 minutes before the talk.