[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Technical Seminar today at 14:00

postmaster at admin.triumf.ca postmaster at admin.triumf.ca
Tue May 27 05:00:00 PDT 2008

Date/Time: Tue 2008-05-27 at 14:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Kris Iniewski (Redlen Technologies)

Title:     CZT detectors and associated analog Front End Electronics

Abstract: Cadnium Zinc Telluride (CZT) is currently the only semiconductor material that is capable of room temperature operation for X-ray and γ-ray radiation detector application. In this talk we will review basic principles operation of CZT detectors and associated signal processing in CMOS hardware. Current state-of-the-art in CZT manufacturing and research directions will be highlighted. We will also describe various integrated circuits that are used for signal amplification, filtering, multiplexing, ADC conversion and event registration. The material presented is an abbreviated version of the short-course to be offered at IEEE ISCAS-2008 conference.

Stimulants available 15 minutes before the talk.