[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Technical Seminar, Mon 2008-06-09 at 14:00

postmaster at ADMIN.TRIUMF.CA postmaster at ADMIN.TRIUMF.CA
Fri Jun 6 09:25:16 PDT 2008

Date/Time: Mon 2008-06-09 at 14:00

Location: MOB Auditorium

Speaker: Grigory Eremeev (Cornell University)

Title: High Field Q-Slope Studies Using Thermometry

Abstract: The high field Q-slope is a degradation of the quality factor in niobium
cavities at high fields. The heat treatment of a niobium cavity between
100 C to 120 C for 48 hours reduces the high field Q-slope and
substantially improves the limiting field. This so-called mild baking
effect is caused by changing the oxide-metal interface, although the
mechanism of this change is not yet understood. I will report our studies
of the high field Q-slope and the mild baking effect, and discuss our
results within the current models for the high field Q-slope and the mild
baking effect.