[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Seminar today at 10:30

postmaster at admin.triumf.ca postmaster at admin.triumf.ca
Thu Jun 19 05:00:00 PDT 2008

Date/Time: Thu 2008-06-19 at 10:30

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Joey Huston (Michigan State University)

Title:     First, we re-discover the Standard Model: Roadmap for the first inverse femtobarn at the LHC

Abstract: Everyone is expecting to discover new physics at the LHC. But first, we have to make sure that the "new physics" is not just poorly understood "old physics".  So our first step in ATLAS is to "re-discover the Standard Model." I will be discussing the LHC environment and some of the tools that can be used for this re-discovery.

Stimulants available 15 minutes before the talk.