[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Seminar today at 14:00

postmaster at admin.triumf.ca postmaster at admin.triumf.ca
Wed Nov 19 05:00:00 PST 2008

Date/Time: Wed 2008-11-19 at 14:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Tsuyoshi Nakaya (Kyoto University)

Title:     The SciBooNE neutrino experiment (FNAL E954): the first result and outlook

Abstract: We present the first physics result and the most updated status of the FNAL E954 experiment, called SciBooNE. The SciBooNE experiment is motivated to measure neutrino-nucleus cross sections precisely in the energy region of ~1GeV. The measurements are essential for future neutrino oscillation experiments, especially for T2K. The FNAL Booster Neutrino Beam provided 1.0E20 protons-on-target for the neutrino beam to SciBooNE, and 1.5E20 protons-on-target for the anti-neutrino beam. By using all neutrino beam data, we study the Charged-Current one pion production cross section and get the first physics result. We also introduce several analysis status in SciBooNE.

Stimulants available 15 minutes before the talk.