[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Seminar today at 14:00

postmaster at admin.triumf.ca postmaster at admin.triumf.ca
Tue Apr 14 05:00:08 PDT 2009

Date/Time: Tue 2009-04-14 at 14:00

Location:  Auditorium

Speaker:   Jiakang Li (Consulting Geophysicist, Calgary)

Title:     Geophysical image and target identification

Abstract: In this presentation, I will introduce my previous work to discuss exploration geophysical techniques that focus on data processing, image (migration and tomography) and target identification.  The useful results from a suite of examples of my previous projects demonstrate the potential of using high resolution image to solve geological target problems in a wide range of applications.  This talk will describe how good geophysical image are obtained and will also show that using new analysis methods, such as attributes analysis and pattern recognition techniques, can significantly improve geophysical interpretation and illustrate how the usefulness of geophysical image and interpretation is not limited to the exploitation for a geological target, but can reveal the physical properties of a target.

Stimulants will be available 15 minutes before the talk.