[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

postmaster at admin.triumf.ca postmaster at admin.triumf.ca
Fri Dec 11 05:00:00 PST 2009

Date/Time: Fri 2009-12-11 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Seminar Room

Speaker:   Saori Pastore (Old Dominion University)

Title:     Nuclear electromagnetic currents in chiral EFT

Abstract: Recently, we have derived the nuclear electromagnetic current in chiral effective field theory (chiral EFT) with pions and nucleons as explicit degrees of freedom. The calculation has been carried out to include N3LO corrections, consisting of two--pion exchange and contact contributions. Here I will present our calculation and discuss the results obtained using this current for the nd and n 3He radiative captures at thermal neutron energies.