[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

postmaster at admin.triumf.ca postmaster at admin.triumf.ca
Tue Mar 2 05:00:02 PST 2010

Date/Time: Tue 2010-03-02 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Jonathan Walsh (University of Washington)

Title:     "Jet Substructure from Jet Algorithms and SCET"

Abstract: I will present two approaches to understanding jet substructure.  One uses a phenomenological understanding of the jet algorithm and QCD to build a tool for heavy particle identification at the LHC, and the other uses soft-collinear effective theory to calculate single-jet observables in multijet events from e+e- collisions.  After detailing specific applications of these approaches, I will discuss how they may be complimentary in the future.