[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

postmaster at admin.triumf.ca postmaster at admin.triumf.ca
Tue Oct 12 05:00:04 PDT 2010

Date/Time: Tue 2010-10-12 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Andrew Hornig (University of Washington)

Title:     Jet Structure from SCET

Abstract: Many new insights about jets at high-energy colliders have recently been obtained from the application of Soft-Collinear Effective Theory (SCET). After reviewing the basics of SCET along with some recent developments, I will discuss the applications that I have been working related to the substructure of jets using a class of observables called angularities.