[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

postmaster at admin.triumf.ca postmaster at admin.triumf.ca
Fri Nov 26 05:00:00 PST 2010

Date/Time: Fri 2010-11-26 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Nathalie Pillet (CEA DAM)

Title:     Towards a unified treatment of nuclear long range correlations beyond mean-field approximation

Abstract: The nucleus is a complex quantum system where a large variety of phenomena
occur as shape coexistences, giant resonances, halos, clusters, fission to cite only few
of them. Correlations between nucleons are responsible for this matter of fact. In
the last decades, a lot of models have been developed in order to explain nuclear
states. Among them, mean field based approaches are one of the most powerful as
they provide the possibility to study nuclei of medium and heavy masses.
During my seminar, I will discuss recent progress concerning the implementation of
Multi-Configuration Hartree-Fock type methods in nuclear physics that offer the opportunity
to unify, in a great extent, long range correlations beyond mean field approximation. I will
also present a recent extension of the Gogny effective interaction and new perspectives.