[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

postmaster at admin.triumf.ca postmaster at admin.triumf.ca
Thu Jan 13 05:00:02 PST 2011

Date/Time: Thu 2011-01-13 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Ivan Brida (Argonne)

Title:     Monte Carlo calculations of spectroscopic overlaps in light nuclei

Abstract: Thanks to their recent advances, ab-initio structure models of light nuclei have made strides towards providing reliable input for nuclear reactions. This input is crucial especially for low-energy reactions where detailed knowledge about nuclear structure is important. In my talk, I will discuss an ongoing effort to compute one-nucleon spectroscopic amplitudes for light s- and p-shell nuclei within the Green's function Monte Carlo. In this method, fully microscopic wave functions based on realistic two- and three-body interactions are employed to compute overlaps between A- and (A-1)-body nuclei to extract information about the motion of individual nucleons. The overlap amplitudes are then used to obtain spectroscopic factors and possibly asymptotic normalization coefficients, and they can serve as an input for low-energy reaction calculations. In addition, I will present preliminary variational calculations of two-nucleon overlap amplitudes and possible extensions to cluster overlaps.