[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Jan 17 05:00:04 PST 2012

Date/Time: Tue 2012-01-17 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Alejandro de la Puente (Notre Dame University)

Title:     Solving the Little Hierarchy Problem with a Singlet and Supersymmetric Mass Terms

Abstract: We present a generalization of the Next-to-Minimal Supersymmetric Standard Model (NMSSM), with an explicit mu-term and a supersymmetric mass for the singlet superfield. This is a route to alleviating the little hierarchy problem of the Minimal Supersymmetric Standard Model (MSSM). Though this model does not address the mu-problem of the MSSM, we are able to generate masses for the Standard Model-like Higgs Boson up to 140 GeV with top squarks below the TeV scale. In addition, all couplings remain perturbative up to the gauge uni