[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Thu Jan 26 05:00:02 PST 2012

Date/Time: Thu 2012-01-26 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Daniel Gazda (Nuclear Physics Institute Rez)

Title:     Nuclei with Antikaons

Abstract: In our comprehensive relativistic mean-field (RMF) calculations of
antikaon quasi-boud states we first focused on dynamical effects in nuclei
induced by the presence of antikaon and particularly on the widths of
antikaon-nuclear states resulting from the antikaon absorption in the
nuclear medium. Subsequently, we considered nuclear and hypernuclear
systems containing several antikaons in order to answer the question
whether or not antikaons could provide the relevant strangeness degrees of
freedom in strong-interaction self-bound hadronic systems. Further, we
replaced the phenomenological RMF antikaon-nucleus interaction by
microscopic construction based on chirally motivated in-medium
coupled-channel meson-baryon scattering amplitude. In particular, we
studied strong energy and density dependence of the underlying scattering
amplitude and its consequences for antikaon-nuclear quasi-bound states.