[Triumf-seminars] Peter Ward TRIUMF Colloquium 12 April at Paprican: if you plan to come, you need to register

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Thu Apr 5 15:31:26 PDT 2012

Dear TRIUMF seminars subscriber,

Next week's TRIUMF colloquium will be given by Professor Peter Ward, a palaeontologist in the Dept. of Earth and Space Sciences at the University of Washington. The colloquium will be on Thursday April 12th at the usual time of 14:00. On account of the unavailability of the TRIUMF auditorium and the NRC building meeting room, the talk will be held in the unusual location of the FPInnovations Paprican building just north of TRIUMF at 3800 Wesbrook Mall. The title of Prof. Ward's talk is "Greenhouse extinctions - chemical evidence for the most common kind of extinctions in the geological past."

The mind-boggling security procedures in effect at Paprican require me to provide them a list of the names of our colloquium attendees at least 48 hours in advance of the talk. Therefore, if you wish to attend this exciting colloquium (and I encourage you to do so), please send an email including your full name to davids at triumf.ca by 12:00 PDT on Tuesday April 10th.

Thanks,

Barry

Barry Davids
Adjunct Professor of Physics