[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 14:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Wed Aug 8 05:00:02 PDT 2012

Date/Time: Wed 2012-08-08 at 14:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Haipeng An (Perimeter Institute)

Title:     Constraining charged excited states of dark matter

Abstract: We try to use the result from neutrinoless double beta decay experiment and collider searches for heavy charged stable particles to constrain the parameter space of the model in which there is a charged state very close to the dark matter. We find that if the mass gap between dark matter and the charged state is smaller than about 10 MeV, the constraint can be very strong. We also try to use this technique to rule out a model which is invented to understand the 130 GeV gamma ray anomaly.