[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Theory Seminar today at 13:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Tue Oct 9 05:00:02 PDT 2012

Date/Time: Tue 2012-10-09 at 13:00

Location:  Theory Room

Speaker:   Anthony Signal (Massey University)

Title:     Symmetry breaking in strange quark and antiquark distributions

Abstract: I give an overview of calculations of strange quark and antiquark distributions of the nucleon using the meson cloud model. This progress parallels that of the meson cloud model, which is now a useful theoretical basis for understanding non-perturbative symmetry breaking among parton distribution functions. I examine the breaking of symmetries involving strange quarks and antiquarks, including quark - antiquark symmetry in the sea, SU(3) flavor symmetry and SU(6) spin-flavor symmetry, and also consider a perturbative contribution to asymmetries.