[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Accelerator Seminar today at 14:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Wed Nov 28 05:00:02 PST 2012

Date/Time: Wed 2012-11-28 at 14:00

Location:  ISAC II Conf. Rm.

Speaker:   Thomas Planche, Michael Craddock (TRIUMF)

Title:     Reports from HB2012 Workshop and FFAG'12 Workshop

Abstract: 1. "Report from HB2012 Workshop in Beijing"
       Thomas Planche

After a brief introduction to space charge effects in cyclotrons, I will give an
overview of a few contributions that caught my attention during this workshop.

2. "Some highlights of the FFAG'12 Workshop in Osaka"
       Michael Craddock
Noteworthy reports included increased energy and intensity at KURRI, 1.2-mA 8-MeV operation
of the NHV electron FFAG, success with a short straight FFAG, plans for racetrack FFAGs,
recirculating FFAG-linacs for eRHIC, and resonance-crossing experiments performed in EMMA
and planned in a Paul Trap.