[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Colloquium today at 14:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Thu Feb 14 05:00:02 PST 2013

Date/Time: Thu 2013-02-14 at 14:00

Location:  NRC Building, Rm1310

Speaker:   Itay Yavin (McMaster/Perimeter)

Title:     Recent Development in the Search for Dark Matter

Abstract: Much of the matter in the universe is missing from our account of the basic particles and forces in the universe. What is dark matter? In this talk I will begin by reviewing the current world-wide efforts to detect dark matter, from laboratory experiments to searches in the Large Hadron Collider. I will then discuss some recent (as well as not so recent) observations, the controversies around them,  and the theoretical ideas they inspire.

Stimulants available 15 minutes before the talk.