[Triumf-seminars] TRIUMF Seminar today at 14:00

TRIUMF Seminars triumf-seminars at lists.triumf.ca
Thu Apr 18 05:00:02 PDT 2013

Date/Time: Thu 2013-04-18 at 14:00

Location:  FPInnovations

Speaker:   Douglas Scott (UBC)

Title:     Cosmic Microwave Background Results from the Planck Satellite

Abstract: Small fluctuations in the temperature of the cosmic microwave background radiation (CMB) left over from the Big Bang contain an enormous amount of information about the structure and content of the Universe.  The Planck Satellite has measured the pattern of these temperature fluctuations to an unprecedented level of precision.  In this talk, I will describe the implications of these measurements on our understanding of the large-scale structure of the Universe.

Stimulants available 15 minutes before the talk. Please note the unusual location. FP Innovations is located at 3800 Wesbrook Mall, directly north of the TRIUMF site.